If you haven’t already done so, please subscribe to our monthly digest of blog posts that will keep you updated with tips for keeping your church website effective. As a gift for signing up, we’ll email you a download “25 Tips for Effective Church Websites”! Sign up here.
Read about tips for church website home pages here:
Home Page is NOT a bulletin board, think of it as a welcome mat for potential visitors!
On your home page, DO
- Convey a warm welcome
- Convey something of who your church is– but short (aim for 200 words)
- This content will not change too much
- Worship times visible w/out scrolling
- Easy links to Visitor’s FAQ or descriptions of worship
- Address of church as link to Google maps
On your home page, DON’T:
- No outdated content! (“Next Sunday” material goes up Mon am.)
- Avoid time-sensitive content in main content area of the home page—promote events in sidebars
- Don’t use a picture of your building or pastor—people are fine, but avoid appearance of closed groups